Veneers – Your Smile Makeover
One of the pillars of cosmetic dentistry is porcelain veneers. They are commonly used to quickly improve the appearance of your teeth. When implementing this technique, we can achieve spectacular effects in little time. On top of that, veneers’ installation requires minimal interference with the hard tissues of your tooth.
What are porcelain veneers?
Correcting teeth appearance with porcelain veneers is implemented in Kelly Road Dental Care clinic in Roseville, Michigan, for both young and mature patients. The ceramic tooth restoration improves the aesthetics of a smile as an independent procedure or in part of the so-called combo treatment, which may include bridges, crowns, and dentures.
Porcelain veneers are thin ceramic shells that are permanently cemented to the front surface of your teeth. An average of 0.5mm to 0.75mm of ceramic plate is enough for the tooth to acquire the perfect shape and desired color. The durability of porcelain veneers is estimated at 13 to 15 years.
Our practice offers veneers made of porcelain, an extremely durable, translucent material that perfectly imitates the natural enamel of teeth in terms of color, clarity, gloss, and light reflection. Porcelain veneers are entirely resistant to cavities and severe discoloration. The porcelain veneers ensure that your new smile remains invariably white for many years.
What are the benefits of porcelain veneers?
Due to their high aesthetic quality, porcelain veneers have become a standard method of improving the smile among celebrities. Veneers eliminate the vast majority of aesthetic dental imperfections and are durable and resistant to discoloration. The technique is a perfect solution for patients whose whitening methods did not bring expected results. We also use veneers to rebuild a partially lost tooth or correct its shape. Porcelain veneers make it possible to effectively hide dents and cracks in the enamel. Generally, the benefits of porcelain veneers include:
- Porcelain veneers do not change their color.
- Customizable veneer restoration creates unlimited possibilities for individual characterization.
- Veneers require little intervention into hard tooth tissues.
- They provide exceptional marginal tightness.
- Restorations have high abrasion resistance
- They provide a beautiful aesthetic effect
- Porcelain veneers are compatible with periodontal tissues.
- Overall, veneers cause a significant improvement in the well-being of patients after treatment.
- Veneers give you a pearl-white smile for many years.
Who will benefit from porcelain veneers?
Porcelain veneers are a popular and comfortable solution for many dental problems. Some of the reasons patients decide to undergo the treatment include:
- Change in tooth structure and shape
- Multiple erosions and cervical cavities
- Traumatic fractures of the incisors
- Unsightly fillings on the front teeth surface
- Gaps between the teeth
- Correcting misaligned teeth
- Enamel underdevelopment
- Discoloration resistant to teeth whitening, such as after certain medications
- Lengthening and brightening of worn out teeth
As with any other dental methods, few contraindications exist, which may include:
- Occlusal parafunctional behaviors – bruxism, teeth clenching, harmful habits, such as biting nails or pencils
- Teeth that are too short
- Gum disease and periodontitis
- High susceptibility to caries
- Teeth with insufficient quantity and quality of enamel
- Patient not maintaining proper oral hygiene
How long does the procedure take?
When we say it’s quick, we mean it. Our skilled and experienced experts require, on average, only two trips to the office, which includes designing, creating, and applying your new dental restorations. During your first visit, the doctor will prepare your teeth by lightly rebuffing its enamel and taking appropriate molds of your smile for the laboratory arts and crafts. Our main intention is to ensure your restorations have a perfect fit with the correct size and shape. When your veneers arrive, you will be asked to come in for the final fitting and necessary adjustments so they can be permanently cemented onto the surface of your teeth. With proper care and considerable oral hygiene, you will enjoy your new dazzling smile for many years to come.
If you are struggling with the appearance of your teeth and desire a beautiful gleaming smile, contact our office now to arrange an initial consultation. There is no reason to postpone your happiness and confidence much longer.